Sunday, May 20, 2007

Part Two - Second and third day

Second Day

Well, after checking email and updating the blog yesterday, lots and lots happened! Here's a run-down:

- took a long nap.
- missed the Chelsea v. Manchester United football match (but Chelsea won! Hurrah!)
- went shopping down on Kensington High Street.
- bought a shirt in TopShop, Kate Moss' store.
- bought a ring in Accessorize, a fairly pricey accessory shop.
- came back to the dorms.
- went out to the Builders Arms pub for a bite to eat and a pint of Guinness.
- waited for Ali and Laura to meet us there.
- became friends with Kim! (:
- went to the Greyhound pub for a pint of Strongbow, thanks to Anna, and hung out for a while.
- got invited to a party somewhere and was told we were put on the invite list, but never actually went.
- went to the Prince Albert pub for another pint of Strongbow.
- met Rohan (spelling?) and Christian and talked about America and England.
- scored Rohan and Christian's numbers (don't worry - no calls have been made).
- walked down to the Piano Bar on Gloucester Rd., got turned away cause it was past last call, but went to use the Ladies' anyway.
- walked back to Atlantic House.
- got scared shitless by Ali and Laura, who were in the international phone alcove on the first floor.
- got yelled at by the security guard for being too loud (we really weren't - we were just laughing).
- started going to bed, then got caught up talking to Callie, Anna, and Sally.
- talked to Sally for HOURS before going to bed at 4.30am.

Third Day

- woke up way too early for my liking.
- went on the sight-seeing tour of London, led by Nigel.
- almost started crying at seeing the Tower Bridge, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, and the River Thames.
- saw the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace.
- got a REALLY big urge to write a poem, but didn't have time.
- went to Builders Arms pub for some food (pretty tasty, but bland, as always).
- came back to Atlantic House.

So, for the rest of the day, I planned it out with Kim. After writing this, I'm going to go upstairs to my room, take a two hour nap, then walk to this adorable French cafe for a pastry and maybe tea, too. After that, who knows? But classes start tomorrow, so I don't think I'll be going out anywhere later tonight. I don't want to be completely dead and drained for my first theatre class! I'm excited for it to start. I hope it'll be good!

I took a LOT of pictures from today's tour, and I'm going to upload them onto my computer. Once I get wireless (cross your fingers for it to happen tomorrow!), I will be putting them online, most likely in a photobucket album. I'll post the link on here so that everyone can get it. Well, that's enough for me. I have to go take my nap!

Cheers!

No comments: