Sunday, May 27, 2007

One Week Down ..

It's been over a week since I've arrived in London. It feels like it went by ridiculously quick and ridiculously slow at the same exact time. I don't even know how to describe it. I think that it feels slow-moving because we've done so much in the days that we've been here, so it feels like we've been doing a lot, which we have. But then when I think about it, I can't believe a week has flown by already! I don't like this one bit.

Didn't really do much yesterday. We hung out, ran a few errands. We all ate at this place .. Namando's? Or something like that. It's all chicken. I thought it was pretty good. I got the chicken breast in a pitta, as they call it. It was delicious until I got a hefty bite of cilantro. I almost puked. But I kept picking it out of the pitta and the lettuce, so I was able to enjoy it. I don't know if the other girls really enjoyed it all that much, but I quite liked it.

Then we went to one of the liquor stores on the way back to the dorm where Sally and Anna bought two bottles of wine. I'm not a huge fan of red wine, so I bought a can of Strongbow. I only drank 3/4 of it over the course of a few hours, but it was good. Then we went to Kavanaugh's, which seems to be the new favorite place to go. I like it a lot. They had a live band for a while, then they switched to CD's or whatever, and that was good because they played a lot of songs that I knew. We had to pay a four pound cover charge, which kind of sucked, but oh well. We hung out for a little while, then Laura and I went and started dancing. Then we started talking to these two guys, Christian and Adam, who were really nice. They were a part of one of the military regimes here in England. I don't remember which one it was exactly, but I know they wear the metal breast plate and have a red plume in their hat. It's that one.

So we all just started talking, mainly Laura and Christian and then Adam and I. Anna and Sally left a little earlier than we did, but they were just a few steps ahead of us while we were walking. We stayed until the guard told us to get out. So then we walked back together to what I think was Kensington Road (I don't know it by name, only by sight), which, sadly .. was still a bit far from where our dorms were. We had to walk for another ten or fifteen minutes just to get back, but we all found our way back safely and soundly. And that was pretty much my night.

I think I'm going to try to get some of my work done today, so I don't have to do it later. The girls who left for Paris are coming back today, so it'll be nice to have them around again.

Cheers!


No comments: